MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Gas Turbine Engineer.
MDS Aero Support Corporation is a proud recipient of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
- Ensuring that all client test requirements are met by defining the relevant parameters to be populated and measured by the data acquisition system.
- Configuring the data acquisition system, preparing reporting templates and creating engine performance calculation, auto test procedures and display pages to meet customer requirements
- Supporting the client’s operation of data acquisition systems during the commissioning phase.
Specific Departmental or Project Duties
- Prepare Engineering Specifications for data acquisition software components.
- Prepare engine configuration, throttle configuration, trim balance configuration and sensor calibration information.
- Run in-house acceptance test procedures.
- Participate in on-site installation and commissioning of the data acquisition system.
- Use gained knowledge of test cell environment to guide other departments in the interpretation of customer requirements, and the designs needed to meet those requirements.
- Support/troubleshoot hardware, software, network with end users
- Provide in-house, on-site and remote customer training, liaise with and support customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally for extended periods.
Education and Qualifications
- An Aerospace Engineering or Software Computer Engineering Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Experience with MS Excel, Windows OS, Redhat Linux, and working with LAN networks.
- Experience with computer languages –Visual Basic, C# or C++
- Experience with Oracle database and SQL language
- Experience working with gas turbine engines in a test cell environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience in working directly with customers is essential.
Why Join the MDS Team?
There are many reasons to consider working with the MDS team:
- Canada’s Best Managed (Gold Standard)
- Competitive wages
- Employee Bonus Program
- Health Benefits
- International travel
- Impact on Aerospace Industry
- Solid reputation
- Diverse workforce
- Positive work environment
- Pension Plan
- Company Events – Holiday Party, Golf Tournament, Town Hall Meetings, and Executive-Led Breakfast Club
- Community Events – Dragon Boat Festival, HOPE Volleyball, Soccer and Hockey Tournaments, and other fundraising activities
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviours to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
MDS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.