At MDS, we care about the communities where we live and work. We are committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, our people, and our communities. And we aim to make a difference through corporate donations, sponsorships, and the commitment of our people to the communities in which they live.
MDS emphasizes the importance of community and working together towards a common goal. This has resulted in strong corporate and personal commitments to our shared causes. Here are some of our recent causes where we’ve all pursued a common goal:
- The White Coat Campaign
- Fundraising to purchase three DNA Spinners and one Sub Zero Freezer to support cancer research at The Ottawa Hospital Foundation.
- Fundraising to purchase a Capillary Sequencer for the Molecular Oncology Diagnostic Laboratory at The Ottawa Hospital Foundation.
- Fundraising to purchase a software upgrade for the CyberKnife at The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre. CyberKnife radiosurgery is so precise that it destroys a tumour without harming healthy tissues surrounding it.
- The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
- Fundraising for The Ottawa Hospital Foundation’s Tender Loving Research Campaign that supports research breakthroughs for better care and life-saving medicine.
- Participated in THE RIDE, cycling 117 km to support key research projects at The Ottawa Hospital.
- Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation
- Participated in the 28 km EPIC WALK to raise funds for new cancer research technology for the Queensway Carleton Hospital.
- The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
- Fundraising to support the Specialized Psychiatric and Mental Health Services Program for Youth.
- HOPE Volleyball SummerFest
- The world’s largest one-day recreational volleyball event, where we helped raise money for various local Ottawa charitable organizations.
- Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival
- North America’s largest dragon boating event with 190 teams in corporate, community, and competitive categories all participating to raise money for local Ottawa charitable organizations.
- Ottawa VOscars Award
- VOscars recognizes volunteer efforts made by community leaders and local volunteers who dedicate their time to support Ottawa-based non-profit organizations. Received Leaders in Corporate Responsibility Award.
MDS is a firm supporter of co-op student placements and works with various universities to help younger students gain exceptional experience in the engineering field. MDS is one of the few engineering firms in Ottawa that has “real” applied engineering work where individuals participate in creating leading-edge technology.