Now, what does that really mean?
Whether taking you on vacation, shipping cargo across the ocean, or at the end of a 1,000 km gas pipeline, gas turbine engines must be reliable and safe.
We provide our clients with the capability to HARNESS THE POWER of these engines and test them in an environment that mimics their real-world application.
We have the capability to turn an empty piece of land into a functioning, state-of-the-art test facility in less than two years; this includes all engineering and design, construction management, and project management.
We drive the industry forward.
Gas turbine engines are used in marine and aviation propulsion and also have applications in industrial power generation. Since 1985, MDS has been trusted to design and build test facilities for engine manufacturers all over the world.
We are always laser-focused on making our industry smarter, greener, and more powerful. Through our partnerships, such as our leadership of the NRC Aerospace Research Advisory Board, we are able to be a part of our industry’s future in a meaningful way.
From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its engineering division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
MDS simply would not be in business if innovation took a back seat.
The world’s biggest engine manufacturers trust MDS.
The major players in the engine manufacturing business, like Solar Turbines, Pratt & Whitney, and Rolls-Royce, have been working with MDS for decades and have contracted well over half a billion dollars’ worth of work with us. Household names like Siemens and Air France have also been long-time customers of MDS.
We collaborate with the best professionals in our field.
- Air France
- MAN Energy Solutions
- Pratt & Whitney
- Solar Turbines
We deliver the most reliable and environmentally responsible solutions.
Cutting-edge, industry-leading research
MDS is working with a number of Canadian universities and the National Research Council Canada to investigate solutions to industry challenges with respect to aeroacoustics. A unique field with a small number of experts, aeroacoustics is an important aspect of gas turbine engine test facility design. Learn more »
Our employees are proud to work for an industry leader, always pushing our industry forward, and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Inspire others with your thirst for excellence
- Be tenacious, don’t let obstacles slow you down
- Lead by example
- Have a positive attitude
- Be professional and non-judgemental
- Treat everyone equally and with dignity
- Be candid and considerate
- Appreciate the efforts of others
- Understand and fulfill your responsibilities
- Deliver quality, on budget, on time
- Do what you say you will do
- Take ownership for your actions
- Focus on the success of MDS and our customers
- Act with purpose in urgent situations
- Be empathetic, be considerate, support those that need help
- Consider the consequence of your decisions
- Be curious, listen for meaning, as questions
- Keep relevant parties in the loop
- Know your audience, adapt your message, say it well
- Share information openly, honestly, carefully
- Speak up when you have an opinion
- Lead when called upon, follow when needed, participate always
- Embrace your role on the team
- Align individual accomplishment with the team’s goals
- Pull your weight every day
“To us, these aren’t just words;
they are the core values that shape everything we do, every single day, for every customer.”
Doing great things for our planet, community, employees and customers.
MDS is proud to meet or exceed the following national and international standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 14001:2015 Registered
- AS9100 Registered (MDS AeroTest)
- ISO 17025 Registered (MDS Europe)