MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Master Planner located in Derby, England who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
The successful candidate will be working on a 1 year contract with possibility of extension, out of our Derby, UK site office performing a project specific role as a Master Planner for a new aero engine test facility.
The planner will work directly with the Site Project manager and the Site Construction Manager to manage a fully integrated project programme. The planner will be responsible for the full integration of the General Contractor programme, specialist equipment vendor delivery programme, MDS design and fabrication programme among others in the Master project programme to ensure all dates are fully coordinated.
- Organize, implement and maintain scheduling management system for the project.
- Log all new information into the programme and provide scheduled reports for contract coordination and reporting purposes. Sequence activities to ensure scheduling deadlines are met.
- Interact with customer and project staff to schedule and coordinate work.
- Review and integrate the General Contractor construction site programme, MDS design programme and test systems vendor programmes into the Master schedule.
- Update, manage and develop project programme as the project progresses. Work with site team to evaluate construction progress and provide regular programme updates including four-week look ahead schedule. Develop the baseline curves including progress and manpower; generate all progress curves including planned, actual and forecast.
- Interact with project team, Site Project Manager and Site Construction Manager to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Evaluate project progress and performance and identify developing problem areas for the main construction programme, test systems vendors and MDS design progress.
- Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to the programme and recommend work-around. Work to stabilize the programme to promote company operations efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and update weekly short interval schedule working with Site construction manager, test systems site managers and the project team. Monitor slippages and critical and near critical paths.
- Suggest management of risks affecting project profit, costs, schedules and client relations. Identify warnings, problems or conflicts in the project programme for the purpose of mitigating the impact of these risks.
- Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management and client informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Analyze monthly programme and prepare reports for the purpose of dispute resolution.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience on large capital construction projects or applicable field
- Experience in industrial or general engineering construction is required
- Construction/Engineering related degree or diploma or related experience
- Experience within construction scheduling/planning is required
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Excellent technical and mathematical abilities
- Advanced MS Project skills, familiarity with Asta an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of associate’s degree in construction technology, building science or related field and ten years of related experience in building construction in capacity such as planner.