MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario.
If you consider yourself to be highly organized but also enjoys variety and autonomy, this might be the role for you! We are on the hunt for a passionate individual who will provide an exceptional level of support to the C-suite of Executives including the President & CEO, COO, CFO, VP Business Development, Director HR and Director Quality Assurance. As an Executive Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting them with calendar management, correspondence, reports, presentations, expenses and other responsibilities as required. They will count on your capabilities, organizational abilities and discretion.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have to effectively juggle a myriad of competing priorities while upholding the strictest confidentiality while interacting professionally with employees at all levels of the organization. The ability to build strong working relationships and understand the needs of others will contribute greatly to your success. But wait, there’s more! You’ll need a “take charge” attitude while also being conscientious, observing and learning how each Executive works. The ability to deal with change at the drop of a hat and manage 4 dynamic calendars is paramount.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the executive team, as directed.
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of executive management, particularly the CEO/President.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for the executive team.
- Coordinate logistics of executive team programs including seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Present a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
- Assist and coordinate Board and other Executive meetings by scheduling, communicating and assembling packages (i.e. Board or Investment) and other meeting materials.
- Manage and review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Recording and drafting meeting minutes, as well as required post-meeting follow up.
- Draft Executive responses to routine memos, letters, correspondence, etc.
- Track, compile and submit Executive expenses.
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors
- Refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as required
- Anticipate the needs of the Executives and have required items prepared accordingly.
- Preserve and maintain clear and constant communication with Executives ensuring tasks are addressed and priorities understood.
- Prepare and organize a variety of documents and correspondence in an accurate and professional format.
- 5 years experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in a corporate environment.
- 5 years Executive support experience, including meeting coordination, materials preparation and documented minute-taking.
- 5 years experience with at least 80% of tasks listed above.
- With a keen eye for the finest of details, you plan and organize yourself, establishing an action plan to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities when appropriate
- You’re a strong decision maker who chooses the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives
- You’re fearless in the face of adversity and can create relevant options for addressing problems; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives and making timely decisions
- You communicate clearly and concisely, checking others’ understanding of information communicated and you present messages in multiple ways to make sure everyone understands
- You gain others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while treating others with respect
- You’re honest and consistently keeps commitments made to others. You can handle sensitive information and adhere to moral, ethical and professional standards
- You’re customer service oriented and can meet or exceed customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust
- You’re adaptable and you don’t let major changes in responsibilities or environment stop you from completing tasks
- You possess a strong sense of humour