Mechanical Designer – Ottawa, ON
MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a full-time Mechanical Designer.
Participate in the design and selection of mechanical components and generate engineering drawings.
- Perform mechanical design of systems/components and component selection
- Provide design input and recommendations
- Prepare Detail, Welding/Machining, and Mechanical Assembly Drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5 and other applicable standards
- Prepare Facility Layout, Structures and Building sketches and drawings
- Maintain drawing consistency with others in the department
- Understand drawing configuration and revisions, including proper file administration during drawing development
- Ensure that internal drawing generation and control procedures are followed
- Create and maintain project history folder
- Drawing standards including ASME Y14.5-1994 and CSA B78.2
- Good working knowledge of 2D drawing and 3D modeling
- Manufacturing and assembly processes such as welding, forming, machining and surface finishing
- Welding and machining symbols
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing;
- Proficient working knowledge of PC hardware and software including Windows, Word and Excel
- 3D Modeling software (AutoDesk Inventor)
- 2D Drawing software (AutorDesk software)
- File management software (AutoDesk Vault)
Educations and Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from a recognized college
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- 1 to 2 years’ experience
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviors to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.