For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Test Support Technician/Engineer – Derby, England
Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Test Support Technician/Engineer for the UK Engineering Support Office located in Derby, England who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
General Responsibilities for the role of Test Support Technician/Engineer
- Handle the day-to-day requirements of the customer with respect to the supplied system, track ongoing problems and provide feedback to the customer and design authorities
- Perform system troubleshooting for software at the application level and hardware to assembly level
- Perform required system hardware maintenance; and perform system calibration
- Coordinate/Manage sub-contractors for the provision of third party services
- Ensure traceability of the hardware inventory and hardware configuration control
- Provide feedback to the hardware and software design departments regarding features of current and proposed systems
- Continually monitor the support process and suggest / implement improvements wherever possible
- Maintain and manage critical spares for all system hardware
- Comply with company procedures and HSE practices
- Suggest preventative actions, create workarounds and provide solutions to system problems
Education and Qualifications
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent hands-on experience
- Strong knowledge of: instrumentation and measurement systems, measurement principles (pressure, temperature, flow, vibration measurement, analog and digital I/O), communication protocols & interfaces, (TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, etc.)
- Practical wiring skills
- Experience of Engine Test and Data Acquisition Systems will be considered an asset
- Advanced MS Excel user
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and documentation skills required
Eligibility & Background Checks
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Also, due to the nature of the work, employment will be subject to successful completion of the following clearance levels:
- Right to work – verification of nationality, ID documentation and immigration status
- Identity –ID data
- Criminal records – self declared and search for ‘unspent’ convictions (Basic Disclosure)
- Employment check – confirmation of five (5) years (min.) employment history / qualifications
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions. Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.