For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Senior Controls Engineer
MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Senior Controls Engineer. We are pleased to offer the successful candidate the following opportunities:
- Work for one of Canada’s Best Managed companies
- An attractive total compensation package which includes base salary, bonus opportunity, a comprehensive Group Health Benefits program and a Group Retirement Plan
- Exciting learning and development opportunities
- Work with customers from around the globe
- Perform interesting work in a unique and world class environment
- Design and selection of PLC hardware solutions.
- PLC programming.
- Design of PLC control schematics and design documents.
- Design of graphical user interface (GUI) systems.
- Data Collection software applications.
- Design of electrical circuits and panels. Knowledge of technology available for implementation, commercial off the shelf equipment and material selection.
- Conduct system reliability checks, write and perform acceptance test procedures and prepare maintenance manual material.
- On completion of design, assist production personnel in interpreting drawings and solve manufacturing problems.
- Interface with customer on engineering related issues.
- Willingness to travel to client site for meetings and commission stages of projects.
- Assist service personnel in troubleshooting/ modifications in the field.
Specific Departmental or Project Duties
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and software including Windows, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general software design and documentation processes.
- Working knowledge of various PLCs and communication protocols, e.g. OPC, RS232, IEEE, RS422, TCP/IP, Modbus.
- Experience with the following instrumentation types:
- pressure transmitters,
- analogue voltage and current signals,
- discrete state I/0,
- strain gauges,
- control valve interfaces motor starters/MCC,
- Experience in developing and tuning PID controllers.
- Ability to travel and work internationally.
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency and design experience on Allen-Bradley Control Logix, Siemens PCS7 with WinCC , and GE Fanuc platforms.
- Presentation skills (written and oral English).
- Experience with gas turbines and associated instrumentation and control.
- Proficiency with Wonderware HMI software.
- Experience designing to CE standards.
Education and Qualifications
- A technology diploma or degree in Instrumentation, Control/Automation or Electronics.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience designing PLC control systems and instrumentation in an industrial or R&D environment.
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviours to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.