Production Technician – Electrical – Corporate Headquarters, Ottawa, ON, Canada
For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Master Scheduler / Production Planner who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
General Responsibilities for the role of Production Technician – Electrical
- Instrumentation panel, rack and field wiring experience
- Experience with high-density Mil Spec connectors and common IT connections
- Ability and willingness to travel to job sites internationally
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Work with various hand and crimping tools, heat gun, soldering iron and drills
- Perform continuity checks of finished cable assemblies and field wiring
- Work well as a member of an installation team on a job site
Education and Qualifications
- Electronics or Electro/Mechanical Technician diploma
- Two (2) years relevant electrical assembly experience
- Ability to operate and interpret electronics test equipment an asset (oscilloscope, function generator, frequency counter etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation control circuits and asset
- Experience commissioning PLC controls an asset
- Experience with leading an installation team and site contractors an asset
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we only contact those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada, and do not require sponsorship.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.