Production Technician and Engine Operator – Corporate Headquarters, Ottawa, ON, Canada
For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Production Technician and Engine Operator who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
General Responsibilities for the role of Production Technician and Engine Operator
Working with the Production Department, the incumbent will handle a dual role of Engine Operator and Production Technician, for our customer’s next-generation aircraft engines during the transportation, installation, component changes throughout the testing cycle, testing and dispatch. You will be part of a team of engine test operators and Production technicians which will take an active role in supporting the engine testing and production of customer test system builds.
Specific Departmental or Proposal Duties
- Handle and transport all engine types during receipt, installation, testing, removal and dispatch
- Operate the aero engine and facility safely in accordance with the test plan, observing all applicable engine and facility safety limits
- Assist with all aspects of the testing cycle, this may include component changes or modifications
- Instrumentation panel, rack and field wiring
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic system setups and testing
- Operate mechanical/electronics test equipment an asset (multimeter, signal generator, hydraulic circuit test equipment, pressure calibrators)
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation control circuit pressure transducers, flow meters an asset
- Experience commissioning PLC controls an asset
- Recognized college diploma or equivalent experience
- Served recognized apprenticeship ether in electrical, instrumentation, aero or mechanical fields, or hold company engine training approvals and possess the relevant certificates
- Must have experience in the aero industry and/or in gas turbine testing
- Experience with Hydraulic components – fittings, hoses, valves
- Experience with frame alignments, dowelling, mechanical assembly
- Work with various hand and crimping tools, torque wrenches, drills, grinders
- Perform system checks for field fluid and mechanical systems
- Ability to read and interpret Electronic and Mechanical drawings
- Perform continuity checks of finished cable assemblies and field wiring
- Work well as a member of an installation/Test team on a job site
- Able to work at heights of over 30 feet (or 9 meters)
- Work beyond contracted hours to meet job requirements and work shifts as required
- Respond to emergencies, outside of normal working hours
- Experience with leading an installation team and site contractors an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport and ability/willingness to travel to job sites internationally for extended periods
- Willingness to study and achieve higher qualifications
- Company related IT knowledge and skills (MS Excel, Word and Windows Environment Programs)
- Continuous professional development and personal growth
- Willingness to learn and develop new practices
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we only contact those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada, and do not require sponsorship.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.