Mechanical Engineer – Ottawa, ON
MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer.
- Participate in the detailed design of mechanical systems, facility planning, and equipment layout
- Be responsible for the development and management of designs from the conceptual stage through fabrication and installation, including:
- detailed analysis
- the development of relevant documentation
- chairing design reviews
- providing technical support to manufacturers
- overseeing designers in the production of detailed drawings
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Machine design
- Welded design and large scale fabrication
- Structural design
- Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS preferred)
- Rotordynamic Analysis
- Wind Energy / Power Systems
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- ASME Section VIII and B31.3
- Installation supervision and on-site troubleshooting
- The successful candidate must have excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to travel internationally
Educations and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PEO membership or eligibility for PEO membership is required
- Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Designing for and familiarity with manufacturing processes and engine testing, shall be considered important assets
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviors to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.