For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Master Scheduler / Production Planner – Corporate Headquarters, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Master Scheduler / Production Planner who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
General Responsibilities for the role of Master Scheduler / Production Planner
The Master Scheduler / Production Planner, under the direction of the Director of Project Management, is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining the primary production schedule of MDS Aero Support Corporation. The incumbent manages the day-to-day procurement, production and vendor management work flow. The Master Scheduler / Production Planner demonstrates effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy at all times, with strong conflict management and resolution skills.
- Develop and maintain master procurement and production assembly schedule
- Plan, prepare, issue and control schedules and coordinate with project management, engineering and procurement to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet project requirements
- Manage the day-to-day work flow and trafficking for all phases of each project and ensure communication with all departments involved so that deadlines are maintained
- Advise management of any potential procurement/production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials and services are provided as needed
- Provide solutions to planned scheduling conflicts immediately
- Provide alternative scheduling for conflicts that arise
- Ensure scheduling deadlines are met
- Work with Project team and department managers or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes with scheduling
- Identify and implement planning system and process improvements
- Improve forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects
- Work to stabilize the schedule to promote company operations efficiency and effective operations.
- Collaborate with departments involved and lead necessary meetings if the plan must be changed
- Other duties as assigned
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized college or university. An Engineering degree is preferred, but not essential.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ planning and scheduling experience
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Knowledge and experience in change management
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Sound planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy and people management skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Advanced proficiency with Epicor ERP software an asset
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
- Work requires manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Heavy visual and mental concentration and periods of prolonged sitting are required
- Occasionally conducts site visits requiring prolonged standing or walking, negotiation of obstacles, and bending or stooping
- International travel may be required
- Availability to work additional hours as required
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we only contact those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada, and do not require sponsorship.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.