For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Linux Software Developer
MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Linux Software Developer.
MDS Aero Support Corporation is a proud recipient of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
- Participate in a software development team that produces updates to and new features for MDS’ data acquisition software for testing Gas Turbine Engines.
- Software development programming over the full development life cycle, including design, code and test.
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Support the integration and formal testing of the software as deployed on customer systems.
- Respond to other corporate members and clients on software aspects.
- Proficiency with C in a real-time multi-threaded environment
- Experience in working on Linux real-time platforms
- Experience in communication protocols including TCP/IP, RS-232/422/485, Modbus, OPC, OMG DDS
- Experience with data acquisition products such as temperature scanners, pressure scanners, analogue input/output measurements, digital input/output measurements
- Experience with avionics protocols such as ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC-664 would be an asset
- Experience with C++ and XML related technologies would be an asset
- Experience with SQL programming for Oracle databases would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering.
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviours to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.