Electrical Designer – Temporary Position – Corporate Headquarters, Ottawa, ON, Canada
For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Electrical Designer – Temporary Position who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
General Responsibilities for the role of Electrical Designer
- Creating, entering and maintaining product configurations into PLM system (Product Lifecycle Management).
- Updating existing and generation of new electrical schematics for instrumentation and controls wiring, junction boxes, control panel layouts, electro-mechanical drawings and P & IDs.
- Understanding of drawing configuration and revisions including proper file administration during drawing development.
- Ensuring that internal drawing generation and control procedures are followed.
Education and Qualifications
- Technician level diploma in electronics or mechatronics program or similar with courses in AutoCAD
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a drafting office, or an equivalent combination of training and experience with a focus on Mechanical and Electromechanical drafting
- Knowledge of PLM systems, preferably Omnify 6
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical is an asset
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we only contact those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada, and do not require sponsorship.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.