For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Career Opportunity: Coordinator, Proposals & Customer Business Services – Corporate Headquarters, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Specializing in the provision of aviation and industrial / marine solutions for the world’s top companies, MDS delivers customized, turnkey Gas Turbine Engine test facilities, becoming a prime partner to its clients.
MDS’s evolving in-depth expertise paired with a collaborative approach delivers a comprehensive and perfectly custom-engineered solution that fits its clients’ exact needs both today and in the future. From building the world’s most advanced, one-of-a-kind gas turbine engine test facilities—with projects in more than 20 countries—to being at the forefront of research and development, MDS continually drives innovation. Its Engineering Division works with national governments and universities to innovate and spearhead the industry in new and leading-edge testing technologies.
A World of Opportunity
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Coordinator for Proposals & Customer Business Services who will join us to deliver our highly innovative Gas Turbine Engine Solutions to our customers around the globe.
- Provide administrative support to the Business Development Department and Customer Business Services (CBS) group
- Provide dedicated support in the proposal preparation process to business development personnel, proposal managers and estimators as required, including but not limited to:
- Prepare, assemble and PDF file proposal packages to be sent to the client
- Set up of new proposal folders and associated charge codes, ensuring department procedures are followed
- Create and manage proposal support documentation templates, including cover letters, technical point by point responses, compliance matrixes, responsibility matrixes and supporting proposal annexes such as project org charts, resumes, experience summaries etc.
- Proofread and perform QA (word processing and formatting) of proposals and supporting documentation.
- Provide dedicated support in the organization of the Proposals group, including:
- Coordinate and chair weekly proposal department meeting
- Maintain corporate documentation in BDPedia, including company profiles, employee resumes, project and product profiles, capabilities documentation and other documentation used in the generation of proposals
- Maintain organization of CRM; and liaise with IT on issues related to CRM
- Assist in issuing project forecasting of Monthly Top Irons to Operations Management Team (OMT) for resource planning purposes
- Develop and report on departmental metrics
- Update and maintain department proposal log and vacation schedules
- Provide dedicated support in the administration of the CBS group, including:
- Maintain CBS logs & chair meetings on a recurring basis
- Generate monthly and annual reports on CBS
- Organize MDS exhibits and occasional attendance at international tradeshows supporting business development personnel; and assist with corporate events as required
- Collaborate with MDS personal on marketing graphics, and brochures
- Assist with various client requirements and requests
Education and Qualifications
- Recognized college diploma or university degree
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A strong multitasker with excellent organizational, interpersonal and effective problem-solving skills
- A team player who demonstrates determination, energy and enthusiasm that is willing to support and assist other members of the department to manage volume
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to work in an evolving/growing and challenging environment
- Motivated to improve processes and procedures
- Proven MS Office skills:
- Outlook – Intermediate level
- Word – Expert level a must
- Excel – Intermediate required, Advanced desired
- Project – Intermediate level
- PowerPoint –Intermediate level
- Adobe Acrobat-intermediate level
- Second language skills considered an asset
Our Values mean everything to us and to our Customers
At MDS, our values drive everything we do—after all, it’s our behaviors and our resulting actions that work to foster the most positive and productive environment for our employees, our partners, and our customers. For those who wish to join our team, they must embrace the MDS values of Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care, and Respect—a world of opportunity awaits.
Candidates who would like to become part of the MDS team are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we only contact those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada, and do not require sponsorship.
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex, or national origin or ethnic origin.
Please visit our website www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls are not accepted from candidates or agencies.