MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Test Systems Site Manager
We are seeking a full time Test Systems Site Manager to join our team and assist with multiple ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Full time day-to-day management of the site installation project;
- Chair daily coordination meetings;
- Monitor and coordinate work performed by MDS engineers/technicians and the various sub-contractors used for installation and commissioning activities;
- Ensure sub-contractors execute installation activities in accordance with local codes and standards and to contract drawings and specifications;
- Review and interpret drawings and details. Provide applicable technical input and resolve technical problems;
- Monitor, approve and track all out-of-scope work performed on site by sub-contractors;
- Review, assess and provide input to Change Orders; participate in bid reviews and contract awards;
- Generate, monitor and update site schedule;
- Enforce legal and client mandated health and safety requirements. Ensure orientation sessions, tool box meetings, etc. are carried out;
- Enforce compliance with corporate CSP’s including workplace violence and harassment policies;
- Coordinate and (as required) check interfaces between facility systems, specialty equipment purchased from manufacturers and gas turbine engine test system equipment;
- Coordinate (as applicable) all construction/test system related commissioning exercises including dry-running ATPs and coordinating client-witnessed ATPs;
- Coordinate all training activities;
- Collect and control all signed acceptance documents and client approvals for return to head office;
- Coordinate/review with test systems engineering and installation suppliers to ensure that the systems, as designed, meet MDS and Client needs;
- Ensure redlines and working copy drawings are maintained by MDS personnel and all subcontractors, and forward completed redlines to head office;
- Coordinate tracking of all site shipments (received and shipped);
- File daily job logs (reports) to head office;
- Maintain and communicate snag registers; and, track, monitor and provide weekly updates of the Site Budget when applicable, including all labor, material and subcontractor costs to date, as well as provide proper forecasts of site costs for duration of installation & commissioning activities.
Skills & Experience
- Practical site experience with 10 years in managing site installation and commissioning activities along with workforce and sub-contractors within an industrial environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in production of method statements, schedules, budgets, risk assessments and all other paperwork associated with site management.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, along with effective problem solving, negotiation and risk management are necessary to succeed in this role.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications related to Project Management
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of industrial Health & Safety rules, regulations and requirements.
- A Degree or Diploma from a recognized college or university or proven industry experience. An Engineering degree is not essential but preferred
- Flexibility in working various hours on site will be required for this role when necessary.
- Ability to travel internationally for extended durations
- Fluent in English (Reading/Writing/Speaking), a second language is an asset.