MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Collaborate with the Technical Publications team and engineering team to produce high-quality technical documentation for various systems and equipment.
- Create technical documentation in a variety of formats and media for delivery to MDS customers.
- Research and analyze source material (such as specifications, drawings, design briefs, and engineering documents) and synthesize the information into technical write-ups for Product Support Manuals.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs) to understand the product or procedure.
- Verify the accuracy of the documentation by hands-on operation of the relevant system.
- Provide support for establishing web-based Product Support Manuals.
- Provide support for establishing Learning Management System (LMS) courses and content for both internal personnel and MDS customers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college.
- Technical writing certificate
- Strong knowledge of Dreamweaver and HTML5.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software, including Visio.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong English language and editing skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Captivate is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems (i.e. Moodle) is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is considered an asset.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical background in electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, or software systems is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years technical writing experience.