For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Systems Engineer (Project Engineer)
As MDS continues to grow, so does our team! If you are the type of person who gets satisfaction from helping clients realize their solution and seeing a project come together before your eyes, we are looking for you!
MDS is looking for a Systems Engineer (Project Engineer) who would oversee and drive forward our 20+ global projects ranging from 1-million to 100-million dollars in value. In a nutshell, this person will assume authority for ensuring that MDS effectively and efficiently meets every project’s technical specifications. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience coupled with a strong engineering background, having touched a variety of fields including mechanical structures, fluids, oil, fuel and controls.
- Demonstrated and proven experience taking at least 3 projects from start to finish all the way from coordination, vendor management to acceptance testing.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with a variety of personalities.
- Interpreting contract technical requirements and use these to develop project specifications, work breakdown structures, requirements matrices, and system level project plans.
- Maintaining accountability through design, procurement, manufacturing, assembly, installation, commissioning and testing activities by maintaining tight liaison throughout their completion.
- Developing execution strategies and communicate technical direction for the project’s entire technical effort to achieve objectives as defined by Management. Monitor activities and generation of deliverables required to achieve the objectives and ensure any roadblocks are resolved.
- Planning and managing the interfaces between the various subsystems that make up the project scope of work as well as between the various internal/external stakeholders on the individual subsystems.
- Monitoring test systems labour hours, material budgets, schedule and technical compliance. Identifying, assess and analyze (or ensure the design team analyzes) any related risks, non-conformances, change orders or concerns.
- Integrating multiple disciplines/systems to achieve the best overall product and/or service within the project’s technical, cost and schedule constraints. Reviewing engineering team designs to ensure conformance and own multidisciplinary general assembly drawings and documentation.
- Managing and controlling critical vendors , being either build to print orders or design and supply sub contracts. Control and track vendor deliverables.
- Travelling to client sites anywhere in the world to attend design reviews and monitor progress at critical point of installation and commissioning.
- Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical engineering degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college
- Professional Engineer Designation or eligibility is required
- Minimum 7 years of experience within the following areas:
- Product design and analysis
- Systems engineering and integration
- Project management
- Design supervision and leadership
- Multidisciplinary engineering design experience with a demonstrated track record within the following disciplines:
- Mechanical static and dynamic systems (including rotor-dynamics)
- Industrial process piping systems
- Aerodynamic and acoustics design
- Applications and software development
- Medium and low voltage electrical systems
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Environmental engineering
- Manufacturing, fabrication, production, and assembly
- Facilities planning and construction
- Experience in working in diverse teams of in-house personnel and/or with outside vendors/subcontractors on multi-disciplinary design/engineering projects
- Must be able to travel internationally
- Fluent in English (Reading/Writing/Speaking), second language is an asset