MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Support Engineer for their UK based Engineering Support Office, located in Derby, England.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain and troubleshoot systems in Gas Turbine engine test facilities.
- The candidate shall demonstrate proficiency in the following activities:
- Troubleshoot instrumentation related to the measurement of numerous parameters such as temperature, pressure, frequency, strain, vibration and flow.
- Test, calibrate and troubleshoot PLC interfaces to items such as control valves, limit switches, pressure switches, level sensors and flow switches.
- Understand existing mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and fluid P&ID drawings.
- Secondary responsibilities may include installation work related to mechanical, fluid and instrumentation and controls systems.
- Supervise sub-contractors as required.
- Willing and able to work as a team member on 24/7 shift pattern.
- Working knowledge of:
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Fuel and lubrication systems
- PC based data acquisition systems
- Understanding of the principles of instrumentation calibration and/or data acquisition systems and sensors.
- Willing and able to travel and work internationally, often on short notice.
- Self-reliant and able to work on own initiative, often to tight deadlines.
Education & Qualifications
- Engineering degree/ HND in Electrical Engineering preferably incorporating a recognized engineering apprenticeship.
- Experience includes five years working in an industrial or aero gas turbine test environment.