MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Software Developer – .NET
MDS is a world leader in gas turbine test solutions, but what does that mean? If you’ve ever taken a plane for vacation, gone on a cruise or even turned a light on in your home, chances are the engine on the boat, plane and power generator was tested in a facility designed and built by MDS. If being part of the development team for a mission critical application excites you, this might be the role for you. We’re looking for a Windows Software Developer to produce updates and add new features to our data acquisition system. This application is critical to our client’s engine development and testing as it provides them with data from gas turbine engine tests such as heat level, frequencies, vibrations and gas/oil flow.
- Participate in a software development team that produces updates to and new features for MDS’s data acquisition software for testing Gas Turbine Engines.
- Software development programming over the full development life cycle, including design, code and test.
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Support the integration and formal testing of the software as deployed on customer systems.
- Respond to other corporate members and clients on software aspects.
- Proficiency with Windows Visual Studio .Net development environment
- Proficiency with C#, VC++, MFC and XML related technologies
- Experience with SQL programming for Oracle databases
- Experience in GUI development as well as client-server development with multi-threading capability
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working in related field.
- Experience with VB6 – Nice to have
- Degree / diploma in computer science or software engineering or related field.
- With a keen eye for the finest of details, you plan and organize yourself, establishing an action plan to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities when appropriate
- You communicate clearly and concisely, checking others’ understanding of information communicated and you present messages in multiple ways to make sure everyone understands