MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
Site Construction Coordinator
At MDS, we value our team members and their continued contribution to everything we do—it is why we are successful, and it is why our team members are successful. Now we want to make an addition to our world-class team—this time, we are looking for an exceptional Site Construction Coordinator to join us on a 1 year contract to start.
The Site Construction Coordinator (SCC) works on a full-time basis out of the Derby, UK site office working closely with the Site Project Manager (SPM) and is responsible for the site administration and coordination of the daily site operations for the construction of a new aero engine test facility.
Specific Project Duties
The SCC’s responsibility assisting/supporting the SPM involves attending weekly meetings and reporting on daily, weekly, and/or monthly project progress.
General Responsibilities for the role of Site Construction Coordinator
- Overall responsibility to ensure the smooth and seamless running of the site office including coordination of laydown areas, site accommodations, subcontractors among others
- Coordinate and participate in internal and client coordination meetings, prepare detailed meeting minutes and update internal, subcontractor and Client Action Summary lists
- Coordinate and maintain critical documentation such as drawing field working copies, test reports, calibration records, JSAs and MSRAs
- Coordinate with the Head Office staff for deliveries, large shipments from vendors and staff accommodations; and manage shipping and receiving including inventory management
- Support the and Test Systems Site Manager with coordinating subcontractors, installation, commissioning and site acceptance of test systems
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery and office equipment
- All reception related duties including electronic filing, faxing, copying, scanning, receive and distribution of incoming mail and external mail
- Any other administrative tasks as requested by the SPM
Education and Qualifications
- The completion of secondary school with a minimum of 5 years of project/site coordination
- Technical background in engineering or construction environment considered a definite asset
- Familiarity with reading technical drawings
- Ability to plan and organize work of others
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to handle changing priorities and to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Project
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Eligibility & Background Checks
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Also, due to the nature of the work, employment will be subject to successful completion of the following clearance levels:
- Right to work – verification of nationality, ID documentation and immigration status
- Identity –ID data
- Criminal records – self-declared and search for ‘unspent’ convictions (Basic Disclosure)
- Employment check – confirmation of five (5) years (min.) employment history/qualifications