MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
We are looking for an organized Shipping & Receiving Coordinator to join us in a full-time capacity. The Project Support Services team is integral to every system we build. The team is home for all aspects of MDS’ capability associated with sourcing, procurement, warehousing, logistics and supplier management. As a Shipping & Receiving Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for performing a variety of duties including the shipping, receiving, handling and storage of goods pertaining to MDS projects. If you consider yourself a strong team player, this might be the role for you as roles can overlap.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize import, export and expedite third-party shipments via all modes of transportation and resolve any issues to ensure timely deliveries
- Prepare import and export customs documentation, including: commercial invoices, packing lists, Certificates of Origin, OGD (Other Government Forms) forms and CAED (Canadian Automated Export Declaration)
- Prepare and package kits and manage inventory; and cycle count to ensure accuracy of inventory; maintain the stock wall
- Liaise directly with MDS employees, freight forwarders, customs brokers and government officials as needed
- Records maintenance of the Shipping, Receiving and Work Order Logs
- Provide support for receiving and inspection of goods into the warehouse and off-site at storage facilities
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyors
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe warehouse environment
- Adhere to departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Experience in international freight forwarding is highly desired.
- Experience preparing customs documentation for domestic and international shipments is required.
- Knowledge of international shipping, customs requirements and Incoterms is required.
- Import and export shipping experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs is required.
- Warehouse, inventory control and kitting is an asset.
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with computerized inventory management systems is an asset.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Highly organized with attention to detail; strong work ethic; team oriented; ability to multitask; and good manual dexterity
- Ability to operate hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods is preferred, or training will be provided
- Experience in receiving inspection, in-process inspection, final inspection, etc., is an asset