MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Senior Software Developer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario. This role will play a critical part in MDS’s success by taking the time to understand our business needs and how those translate into finding the right person for the right job.
- Participate in a software development team that produces updates to and new features for MDS’ data acquisition software for testing Gas Turbine Engines.
- Software development programming over the full development life cycle, including design, code and test.
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Support the integration and formal testing of the software as deployed on customer systems.
- Respond to other corporate members and clients on software aspects.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience working in related field
- Proficiency with C/C++ in a real-time multi-threaded/multi-tasking Linux environment
- Proficiency with embedded systems and architectures such as PowerPC, ARM, etc.
- Proficiency in telecom concepts, networks, protocols, IPC, TCP/IP stack, sockets, etc.
- Proficiency and knowledge of Linux architecture and Kernel driver design principles
- Proficiency with source code repositories such as subversion
- Proficiency with XML and related technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio development environment
- Proficiency with SQL programming for Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills required
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Computer Engineering.