MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Real-Time Software Developer
MDS needs a Real-Time Software Developer to produce updates and add new features to our data acquisition system. This application is critical to our client’s engine development and testing as it provides them with data from gas turbine engine tests such as heat level, frequencies, vibrations and gas/oil flow.
- Responsible for developing new features and updates for MDS’ data acquisition software for testing Gas Turbine Engines.
- Software development programming over the full development life cycle, including design, code and test.
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Support the integration and formal testing of the software as deployed on customer systems.
- Respond to other corporate members and clients on software aspects.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in related field.
- Proficiency with C/C++ in a real-time multi-threaded/multi-tasking Linux development environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Linux system build and administration.
- Proficiency and knowledge of networks, protocols, IPC, TCP/IP stacks, sockets etc.
- Experience with Subversion configuration management system.
- Experience with SQL programming for Oracle databases – Nice to have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Diploma /Degree in computer science or software computer engineering.