MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
As MDS continues to grow, so does our team! If you are the type of person who gets satisfaction from helping clients realize their solution and seeing a project come together before your eyes, we are looking for you. MDS is looking for a Project Manager who would oversee and drive forward our 20+ global projects ranging from 1 million to 100 million dollars in value. In a nutshell, this person will assume authority for ensuring that MDS delivers projects on time and on budget. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10+ years hands on experience coupled with a strong engineering background having experienced a variety of fields including mechanical structures, fluids, oil, fuel and controls.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects from planning stage, through execution and final product delivery, in adherence to project specific contractual terms and conditions;
- Generate, monitor and control detailed projects schedules and budgets;
- Prepare, monitor, update and control Risk Assessments;
- Review and approve subcontractor bid packages;
- Preparation of project change orders estimates;
- Ongoing communication with all stake holders; and,
- Monitor and report on project deliverables.
Skills & experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and coordinating projects involving multiple disciplines;
- Experience in negotiation, interpretation and administration of contracts
- Experience with export projects
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and control systems, building construction, and/or steel fabrication;
- Advanced level use in MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word;
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings;
- Ability to multitask and achieve fixed deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Willing and able to travel internationally as required.
- Experience in the gas turbine testing industry is an asset; and,
- Second language is an asset.
- University degree in engineering, construction or mechanical technology or equivalent;