MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Production Technician – Electrical
We are looking for a Production Technician to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Instrumentation panel, rack and field wiring
- Mechanical assembly
- Cable routing in field installations or in equipment assemblies
- Perform continuity checks of finished cable assemblies and field wiring
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment
- General support activities required for Production
- Work well as a member of an installation team in-house as well as a job site
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Mechanical trades, i.e. mechanical repair, fabrication, metal working and Asset
- Electronic trades i.e. control panel operation & repair, component installation & repair·
- Electrical / Pneumatic schematic reading aptitude·
- General safety awareness of an industrial shop and professional work habits
- Experience with high-density Mil Spec connectors and common IT connections
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Work with various hand and crimping tools, heat gun, soldering iron and drills
- Superior dexterity is necessary
- Interaction skills
- Capable to set and execute priorities on multiple issues at once
- Analytical approach to problem solving, detail-oriented, provides complete solutions
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills; able to effectively communicate with global support staff
- Self- starter, resourceful, initiative; able to succeed without regular supervision
- Time management skills to ensure prioritization of tasks
- Possess cultural awareness and be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Team player, positive attitude, motivated and enjoys work
- The position is physically demanding and challenging, as the incumbent will be required to stand, sit, or lie prone for extended periods of time when installing, troubleshooting or repairing equipment.
- Some weight lifting as per local standard may be needed
- Exposure to temperature extremes, hazardous chemicals, tools, and moving machinery may be required
- Infrequent local travel for parts and repairs.
- International travel to Customer locations for installation and repair of equipment.
Education and Qualifications
- Electronics or Electro/Mechanical Technician diploma
- Two (2) years relevant electrical assembly experience
- Ability to operate and interpret electronics test equipment an asset (oscilloscope, function generator, frequency counter etc)
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation control circuits and asset
- Experience commissioning PLC controls an asset
- Experience with leading an installation team and site contractors an asset