MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join us in a full-time capacity. As a Payroll Specialist, we’ll rely on you to review of bi-weekly payroll in a multi-company, project based environment. With a keen eye for detail, you’ll ensure timely and accurate reporting of payroll data for the company employees. You’ll also review/prepare journal entries and reconcile payroll general ledger accounts. If you possess Integrity, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment this might be the role for you.
- Collect, review and post weekly employee timesheets
- Review bi-weekly payrolls for the MDS Group of Companies in Canada (Ontario & Manitoba), USA and UK
- Ensure all salaries, bonus, taxable benefits and employee changes are processed accurately, and in a timely fashion to all company employees
- Review and prepare forms – such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances (RRSP, 401k, T4, WSIB, EHT, etc.)
- Review, verify and approve deductions-at-source remittances and issue them to government and insurance agencies within prescribed timelines
- Assume backup role for Payroll when Payroll Administrator is absent
- Review journal entries and accounts payable vouchers for all payroll transactions
- Ensure compliance with Corporate, Government and External Auditor control requirements. Prepare support documentation for audits.
- Perform year-end functions in conjunction with Finance and Government requirements
- Reconcile payroll records to general ledger accounts (vacation accruals, banked overtime accruals, source deductions, pensions etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc, monthly, and annual reports
- Transition from paying current (with adjustments 2 weeks behind), to paying two weeks in arrears
- Explore, research and implement best practices for pay policies to improve processes and to increase efficiency
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ solid experience in end-to-end payroll activities with strong comprehension of payroll practices, methods, internal controls and accounting concepts
- Experience processing pay for salary and hourly employees with overtime and banked overtime
- Experience with ADP payroll systems, and Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, audits, income tax forms, sick pay, and group RRSP/RPP plans and the obligations under the Employment Standards Act of all provinces throughout Canada and working knowledge of current Provincial legislation related to payroll practices and standards