For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Intermediate Software Developer
MDS is in need of an Intermediate Software Developer to assist with the modernization of our mission critical application. This application provides our clients with data from gas turbine engine tests such as heat level, frequencies, vibrations and gas/oil flow. The new system will be based on telecom techniques and principles.
- Participate in a software development team that produces updates to and new features for MDS’ data acquisition software for testing Gas Turbine Engines.
- Software development programming over the full development life cycle, including design, code and test.
- Ensure that software meets all the specification requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Support the integration and formal testing of the software as deployed on customer systems.
- Respond to other corporate members and clients on software aspects.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in related field
- Proficiency with C/C++ in a real-time multi-threaded/multi-tasking Linux environment
- Proficiency with embedded systems and architectures such as PowerPC, ARM, etc.
- Proficiency in telecom concepts, networks, protocols, IPC, TCP/IP stack, sockets, etc.
- Proficiency and knowledge of Linux architecture and Kernel driver design principles
- Proficiency with source code repositories such as subversion
- Proficiency with XML and related technologies
- Proficiency with SQL programming for Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio development environment would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Computer Engineering