MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Gas Turbine Applications Engineer
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Gas Turbine Applications Engineer in Ottawa, ON.
- Apply gas turbine engine testing expertise to support other departments when interpreting customer requirements.
- Participate in the design review process to provide feedback based on first-hand turbine engine testing experience.
- Apply knowledge of industry standards and best practices to developing engineering specifications for data acquisition software development.
- Apply understanding of engine shop manuals and customer test specifications to define parameters to be measured during engine test.
- Support on-site installation and commissioning of the data acquisition system and engine configuration.
- Provide on-site support for operation of data acquisition systems during the commissioning phase.
- Prepare and deliver customer training at customer and/or MDS facilities.
- Liaise with customers to provide support for data acquisition systems and engine testing.
- Configure the MDS data acquisition system as required to measure, record and display required test parameters.
- Prepare engine performance calculations and client test reports based on test specifications and engine shop manuals.
- Prepare display pages as required to operate and monitor the engine and facility during test.
- Prepare throttle configurations to support manual and automated test requirements.
- Develop and execute acceptance test procedures for data acquisition system configurations.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally for extended periods.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with gas turbine engines in a test cell environment
- Experience in working directly with customers is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and the Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of PC networking and configuration.
- Experience with the Linux operating system would be an asset.
- Experience with computer languages – Python or VB would be an asset.