MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Facility & Office Coordinator
We’re looking for a Facility & Office Coordinator to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario. Reporting to the Office and Facilities Manager, he/she is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Ottawa office. He/she is tasked with assisting with facilities, administrative support and general office services.
- Perform daily inspection of the premises and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Administer Zendesk online facility ticketing system.
- Ensure quick resolution to any facilities or property management issues that may arise.
- Assist with coordination and communication between MDS and its Property Manager.
- Coordinate services with external suppliers and vendors.
- Act as liaison between MDS staff and Office and Facilities Manager for issues that require escalation to a higher level.
- Assist with coordination of office moves and/or renovations.
- Assist with space planning and office seating arrangements and assignment of desks, and other assets as necessary.
- Participate in internal monthly facility management meetings.
- Participate on the JH&S Committee.
- Assist with maintaining cost controls and contract compliance.
- Assist with overall facility security.
- Support the Office and Facilities Manager to ensure the smooth and seamless running of the office.
- Maintain and update corporate org chart. Keep track of all mandatory Health & Safety training requirements. Keep track of employee renewal dates, organize training and ensure employee records are kept up to date.
- Work closely with external training providers to schedule Health & Safety training (e.g. Working at Heights, Aerial Lift, etc.) for new employees and those who must renew their certifications.
- Track training dates and completion dates on the training master list.
- Assign Health & Safety training to employees using HRDownloads.
- Track training completion on HRDownloads and send reminders to employees who haven’t completed their task.
- Assemble, consolidate and post various company data and departmental presentations to support our Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform various administrative duties as required (e.g. document editing, information processing, spreadsheet updates).
- Provide administrative support for the Controlled Goods Program when needed (e.g., performing reference calls)
- Provide backup for Office Administrator duties when needed (e.g. catering assistance, stocking supplies, monitor boardroom tidiness, reception, etc.).
- Provide ad hoc support services to MDS employees and management teams (e.g. finding various third-party providers to provide support on projects or working with customers).
- Perform Reception duties when required.
- Assist as required with annual and ad hoc fundraising, social and client-related events such as: Annual Fundraising Campaign, MDS’ annual Christmas party, Toy Mountain, Food Bank, Snowsuit Fund, Crocus/Daffodil ordering, etc.
Education & Qualifications:
- A diploma in a Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of Facilities and Office Administration experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly energetic and innovative with a take-control attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills; the role requires daily interaction with MDS staff throughout all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protect confidential information
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience in coordinating and executing office moves is considered an asset
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Friendly and personable demeanour
- Customer service orientated
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple tasks
- MS Office
- Outlook – Advanced
- Word – Advanced
- Excel – Advanced
- PowerPoint – Intermediate
- Visio – Basic
- Second language skills an asset