MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for an Electrical Designer in Ottawa, ON.
- Updating existing and generation of new electrical schematics for instrumentation and controls wiring, junction boxes, control panel layouts, electro-mechanical drawings and P & IDs;
- Understanding of drawing configuration and revisions including proper file administration during drawing development ensuring that internal drawing generation and control procedures are followed.
- Technician level diploma in an Electrical or Mechanical-Electrical program or similar with courses in AutoCAD.
Experience & Skills
- 4 – 5 years of experience in a drafting office, or an equivalent combination of training and experience with a focus on Electrical and Electromechanical drafting.
- Proficient in AutoCAD;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical is an asset.