MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
Database Component Technician
We’ve recently acquired a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, so we are looking for a Database Component Technician to join our dynamic team in Ottawa. We take on unique, multidisciplinary and complex designs which makes us the world leader in gas turbine solutions. The integrity of our PLM system is key to ensuring traceability and reusability of our designs.
- Inputting component information into the MDS Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database.
- Ensuring the integrity of the data entered.
- Developing Categories and Attributes for new components.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures related to PLM.
- Liaising with and between engineering and procurement personnel.
- Gathering documentation for component justification.
- Coordinating with vendors to source and define component information.
Education & Qualifications
- Diploma in electromechanical/mechanical field
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical.
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical components and specifications.
- Knowledge of international component certifications (CE, ROHS, UL, CSA etc.).
- PLM software experience is considered an asset
- Experience in working with complex assemblies and bills of materials is considered an asset.