MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
One of Canada’s Best Managed companies for the sixth consecutive year (Gold Standard), MDS Aero Support Corporate, has a requirement for a Corporate Receptionist.
The Corporate Receptionist is a critical role at MDS as it is the first impression and the face of the organization. He/she is professional, friendly, warm, thrives in a team atmosphere, and is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service.
- Manage a multi-line switchboard; receive and direct all incoming telephone calls, perform call screening, record and deliver accurate messages as required.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness in line with corporate security policy.
- Manage multiple conference bookings through Outlook.
- Log and distribute incoming mail/courier packages, apply postage and post outgoing mail.
- Schedule/dispatch local and international courier services.
- Perform various administrative duties as required (e.g. document editing, information processing, spreadsheet updates).
- Provide backup for Office Administrator duties when needed (e.g. catering assistance, stocking office supplies, monitor boardroom tidiness, reception, etc).
- Provide ad hoc support services to MDS employees and management teams.
- Assist, as required, with annual and ad hoc fundraising activities, social and client-related events such as: Annual Fundraising Campaign, annual Christmas party, Toy Mountain, Food Bank, Snowsuit Fund, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- A courteous, professional, confidential manner is essential to being successful in this position.
- Ability to work/manage a multi-line switchboard
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate level of MS Office (Outlook calendar, emails), Excel, Word
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/Integrity: Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically correct. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes and schedules activities in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical Thinking: Able to structure and process information and draw insightful conclusions from it. Demonstrates good judgment.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
Competencies also include MDS’ Corporate Values: Passion, Respect, Accountability, Care, Communication and Teamwork.