MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
We’ve recently acquired a PLM system, so we are looking for a Component Technician to join our dynamic team. We work on snowflakes, meaning none of our designs are ever the same. Our designs challenge people to be state of the art in terms of dimensioning and employing the use of geometric dimension and tolerancing. We take on unique and complex designs which makes us the world leader in gas turbine solutions.
- Inputting component information into the MDS Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) database.
- Ensuring the integrity of the data entered.
- Developing Categories and Attributes for new components.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures related to PLM.
- Liaison with and between engineering and procurement personnel.
- Gathering documentation for component justification
- Following up with vendors to source and define component information
- Product Lifecycle Management software (Omnify is considered an asset).
- Enterprise resource planning experience
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical components and specification.
- Experience in working with complex assemblies and bills of materials
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Knowledge of international component certifications (CE, ROHS, UL, CSA etc.)