For more than 30 years, MDS has been the unequivocal global leader in Gas Turbine Engine Solutions—its clients spanning the world’s most elite companies including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Air France, Solar Turbines, MTU, and Siemens.
Chief Facilities Engineer
The world’s aviation industry is benefiting from the operation of a first class Global Aerospace Center for Icing and Environmental Research (GLACIER) in Thompson, Manitoba. MDS AeroTest is managing, operating and maintaining the GLACIER facility, providing employment opportunities for a variety of skill sets, including several disciplines in high-tech aviation.
MDS AeroTest has a requirement for an Chief Facilities Engineer, at our Glacier’s test facility in Thompson, Manitoba.
Manage the day to day operation and maintenance of the GLACIER test facility. In addition, the individual will develop processes and procedures and provide training and direction aimed at the reduction of accidents and injury and the promotion of health and safety.
- Supervise the Maintenance/Security group.
Specific Departmental or Project Duties
- Maintain facility maintenance program to ensure the facility maintains a state of readiness to safely conduct OEM and third-party tests and to mitigate any utilization issues encountered
- Ensure all facility maintenance is carried out, recorded and updated in accordance with company procedures and the QMS, EMS and H&S.
- Coordinate/manage calibration and audit of a diverse range of measurement and control systems
- Coordinate/manage system upgrade initiatives to ensure all engineering requirements are met and sufficiently documented as required
- Ensure Docstation, drawings, vendor documents etc. are kept up to date and reflect latest facility configuration
- Oversee or perform the required maintenance of data acquisition system computer component hardware and software
- Monitor maintenance program business objectives and key performance indicators
- (KPIs). Monitor and report on performance against objectives, targets and KPIs
- Maintain the quality controls, continually improve the facility processes and ensure facility-related customer satisfaction objectives are met
- Act as the main point of contact and management for outside contractors, adhering to corporate procedures
- Oversee Jet A-1 fuel deliveries
- Perform fluids analysis (particulate, water content & acidity)
- Develop new equipment installation procedures for facility improvements
- Preparation, management, and regular reporting for all facility aspects of operational budgets
- Liaise on a regular basis with Finance department to ensure complete and efficient transfer of transactional information
- Perform prerequisite background analysis and present proposals for facility improvements
- Ensures that the Environmental Management System is implemented, maintained and followed
- Maintain the Health and Safety Management System including policies, procedures and templates in line with Company procedures and applicable Legislation
- provide guidance on the interpretation and application of safety legislation and safe work practices and procedures
- Coordinate/chair periodic Health and Safety meetings
- Plan, prepare, conduct, coordinate and assess the effectiveness of Health and Safety training programs
- Ensure all site Environmental nonconformity and safety Incident Reports are properly and thoroughly completed and forwarded to the immediate supervisor.
- Manage employee competence, training and awareness. Enhance the skills of new personnel in the competencies associated with maintaining the test facility
- Maintain the corporate skills competency and training matrix
- Conduct maintenance team Performance Appraisals
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project)
- Excellent attendance and health record
- Meet the company’s sight and aural test requirements.
- Have a good understanding of and experience working within Health, Safety and
- Environmental regulations of one of the Provinces or Territories of Canada
- Experience developing and enforcing safe working procedures and practices
- Valid first aid certifications including CPR and AED (automated external defibrillator) or willing to become certified
- IT knowledge and skills in a networked environment
- WHMIS and TDG awareness
- Managed a state-of-the-art test facility, or industrial facility, for five or more years
- Experience providing technical guidance
- Experience in operating under AS 9100 and ISO 14001 accredited management systems
- Industry related experience in Health and Safety would be an asset
- Project Management skills would be an asset
- Engineering degree – preferably in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience.
Why Join the MDS Team?
There are many reasons to consider working with the MDS team:
- Competitive wages
- Employee Incentives
- Medical Benefits
- Health Membership
- Company Events – Holiday Party, Team building activities, Town Hall Meetings, and Executive- Led Breakfast club
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviors to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in the Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.