MDS is a fast-growing Aerospace Engineering firm currently servicing some of the world’s leading companies in more than 15 countries worldwide including Rolls-Royce, Siemens, General Electric and Pratt & Whitney. MDS not only provides custom built test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines, we also provide world class service to back it up.
We are looking for a full-time Account Executive to develop and maintain relationships with customers and provide exceptional customer service by gaining knowledge and understanding of customer strategies and pain points. As an Account Executive, you’ll meet with both current and potential customers to develop solutions to customer issues and determine long-term opportunities and goals for MDS’ core competencies.
Our Account Executive team is made of talented relationship oriented and business savvy individuals who enjoy thinking outside the box to solve practical problems with no standard solution. The projects we work on are never the same. Every test facility we design offers diverse experiences that strengthen and challenge individual and team skills, resulting in innovative solutions. You’ll also collaborate internally with MDS engineers to identify customer needs, push projects forward and help resolve issues.
To succeed in this role, you must be open to international travel, be an excellent communicator, able to work with sales and marketing teams and build an exceptionally strong rapport with customers. We also expect you to be a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills. Ultimately, we’ll rely on you to find ways to maintain strong relationships with our clients, outperform our competition and maintain MDS’s positive image.
- Directly manage a strategic subset of MDS’ existing client accounts
- Develop deep relationships with clients at both senior management and operational levels to determine and enable long-term opportunities and goals for MDS’ core competencies
- Extract our customer’s strategies and pain points to develop strategies to align MDS’ core competencies
- In conjunction with the Business Development Leadership Team, develop and assume ownership of strategic plan of pursuit, contracting strategies, and value add proposition during the complete tendering cycle (sales pursuit to contract award)
- Develop a solid overview of the complete MDS catalogue of products, services and capabilities along with a good understanding of the commercial aspects associated with MDS contracts
- In conjunction with the Business Development Leadership Team, assume ownership of terms and conditions, and support the negotiation of customer contracts for new projects and service opportunities
- Prepare responses to client RFQ’s supporting a designated Proposal Manager including:
- Review and comprehension of customer requirements
- Development of concepts and solutions to meet specific customer requirements
- Preparation of cover letters and other proposal documentation as required
- In conjunction with the Business Development Leadership Team, explore and evaluate new customers, new markets, and new business areas that align with the corporate direction.
- Develop a process to gather continuous feedback from clients for input into MDS’ product/services development and enhancements strategies.
- Work closely with the Business Development Leadership Team to develop strategic business plans that are aligned with client opportunities and corporate direction,
- Explore and evaluate new business areas where MDS is not active, but where MDS’ key capabilities can be leveraged.
- Stay current in trends and innovations that may impact MDS’ business and provide the flexibility to work on all facets within Business Development on a case by case basis in order to support departmental priorities and work load.
Education and Qualifications
- Unparalleled ability to build and foster long term client relationships
- Uncompromising principles and integrity
- 7+ years of relevant knowledge and experience in technical sales, negotiation and international business development.
- Degree and relevant Industry experience coupled with an aptitude for Business and relationship management.
- A university degree in Engineering and/or Business is a valued asset
- Solid knowledge of client relationship management strategies and processes
- A proven track record in Technical Sales within a high-tech product or project-based organization, including Lead Identification and Development. Aerospace, Turbomachinery, or Gas Turbine industry experience is an asset.
- Experienced in technical writing, and solution development gained from experience in engineering, project or proposal management.
- Experienced in contract negotiation including terms and conditions, commercial, and technical issues
- A track record of engaging with customers and growing long-term relationships at all levels of an organization
- An entrepreneurial mindset gained either through direct experience or natural orientation, and an ability to balance creativity and autonomy, with the company’s best interests in view.
- Capable of challenging the norm, using problem solving skills that take all stakeholders into account
- Strong, well-reasoned judgment, with the confidence and competence to influence executive-level customers, MDS executive team members, and add value to all critical business decisions
- Skilled in taking authority/accountability and moving the business forward, while at the same time respecting the need for teamwork within the business development department,
- Passionate when interacting directly with potential customers and participating in Business Development related activities, including technical presentations and commercial negotiations.