1P Moment Test Rig (Pratt & Whitney)
Pratt & Whitney
West Virginia, USA
1P Moment Test Rig, Turboprop Production Testing
Turboprop engine running at 2000 shp and 2200 rpm
The design, supply, and commissioning of 1P Moment Test Rig to provide accurate and repeatable 1P bending loads, to a maximum of 150,000 lbf-in, and thrust loads to the running turboprop engine during production testing. Reducing test set-up times, the test rig is duel purpose and used for both production pass-off and 1P testing. The Test Rig simulates in-flight bending moments on the propellor shaft, arising from gyroscopic forces during aerobatic maneuvers, and in-flight thrust loads.
As a result of increased capacity at the Pratt & Whitney facility, and in light of the effectiveness of the first MDS delivered test rig, Pratt & Whitney has commissioned MDS to supply a second test rig.
Scope of Work:
- Project management;
- 1P Moment Production Test Rig;
- 1P Moment Control System with auto mission capability to perform automated tests;
- Rig-bearing Lubrication System;
- 1P Moment Actuator Hydraulic System;
- 100 Hz steady-state and transient data measurement;
- 3000 channels capacity;
- 100 KHz dynamic data measurement; and
- Dual bleed air control systems that are fully redundant.