60 MW Marine Test Facility
50 MW Production, Research & Development Marine Gas Turbine Engine Test Facility
Marine Trent 30 (MT-30) and Marine Trent 50 (MT-50) Engines
MDS provided the turnkey supply of an inlet air heating system for a Marine Gas Turbine Engine Test facility. The system recycles heat dissipated by the facility loadbank system and extracts hot air from the loadbanks without creating any additional backpressure that could reduce performance.
Scope of Work:
- Full package enclosure test capability;
- Quick connect engine/package docking in the facility;
- Quick connect mechanical and electrical services;
- Quick connect engine bleed and exhaust interfaces;
- Load Absorption System capable of Variable Speed (cube law) and Load Profile Matching (water jet and propellar simulation); and
- State-of-the-art MDS Data Acquisition System.