5 MW Industrial Test Facility
40,000 lbf Turbofan & 6000shp Turboshaft Repair & Overhaul Gas Turbine Engine Test Facility
Turbofan cell - Rolls-Royce Conway Mk 301, Allied Signal LF 502-R5, LF 507-1H and LF 507-1F engines
Turboshaft cell - Rolls-Royce Allison T56, Rolls-Royce Allison 501 industrial engines, Rolls-Royce Dart
MDS was responsible for the design of the multipurpose test facility and the turnkey supply of various test systems.
The new test facility is capable of testing both single shaft and geared compressors with up to six individual stages along with complete compressor packages. Compressors can be tested in both open loop and closed loop configuration.
Scope of Work:
- Aerodynamics and Acoustics;
- Inlet and Exhaust Systems;
- Thrust Frame and Adapters;
- Lift Platform;
- Fuel System;
- Engine Air Start System;
- Oil Inhibiting System;
- PLC-based Facility Control System;
- Two EDAS 6000 Data Acquisition Systems;
- Engine Handing System;
- Engine Ground Transportation Systems;
- Load Absorption Systems;
- Cooling Water System;
- Methanol Injection System;
- Fire Suppression System;
- Engine Test Procedures; and
- Throttle Control Systems.