Areas of Development:
- In-Frame Calibration System
- Multi-Axis Thrust Frame includes a complete force measuring module along with associated calibration equipment required to calibrate and measure the six components of thrust. MDS’ Multi-Axis Thrust Frame provides the raw data as well as the calculated vector magnitude, angle and location to the data acquisition system.
- Industrial & Marine Engine Load Absorption Systems have been developed to simulate the most complex load simulation applications. Among them:
- Constant Speed (Power Generation)
- Variable Speed (Marine and Mechanical Drive)
- Constant Torque (Pumping)
- Load Profile Matching
- Load Cell Thermal Regulation & Characterization provides improvements in thrust and thrust calibration accuracy using temperature stabilization to minimize error related to ambient temperature fluctuation.
- Centerline Pull Development of servo hydraulic systems for the comparison of engine centreline force to the force measured by the Thrust Measurement System working load cells, for the purposes of characterizing and mitigating the errors related to the load offset.
- 155,000+ lbf Thrust Capacity Continuous improvement on measured thrust accuracy through working with our load cell vendors to minimize errors, and by reducing the non-repeatable errors associated with the transfer of engine services and instrumentation across the Thrust Measurement System.
Pushing the Limit MDS designs evolve from careful consideration of operational principles that minimize non-systematic errors for the greatest measurement accuracy in the industry.
Design for Maintainability MDS’ thrust measurement systems are not only designed for our customers’ needs today, they’re built to meet our customers’ future requirements. MDS’ concentrated focus: to consistently remain on the cutting edge of accuracy, versatility, customizability, and cost effectiveness without compromising on quality.