Technical Support Representative
MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Technical Support Representative.
An experienced Technical Support Representative (CSR) is required to provide technical support to MDS’ Customers. The CSR will be reporting to the Director, Customer Support. This position is based at our Ottawa office.
Specific Departmental or Project Duties
- Provide technical and engineering support to MDS’s customers in the operation, repair and enhancements of MDS supplied products.
- Receive, analyze & understand customer queries and provide timely technical responses to customers.
- Participate in or lead problem solving teams for product specific problems and development opportunities.
- Produce cost estimates and proposals.
- Prepare and provide reports on the status of customer issues and opportunities.
- Provide feedback and continuously work towards improving support services to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate repairs & upgrades.
- Write software acceptance test procedures.
- Test and release MDS software products.
- Visit customer sites to install/carry out maintenance of MDS supplied software’s.
- At least 2 year related experience.
- Strong technical background in mechanical, electrical & software systems.
- Knowledge of gas turbine engines/data acquisition would be an asset.
- Programming skills would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Linux, Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Software (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
Education and Qualifications
- Graduate in mechanical, electrical, aerospace or software engineering.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.