MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for an Instrumentation Engineer.
MDS Aero Support Corporation is a proud recipient of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
This position works within a matrix organization across various engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, optical, fluidics and environmental) and is responsible for all aspects of instrumentation evaluation, design, integration and commissioning. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Specify new instrumentation requirements and perform product evaluations
- Support the development and submission of customer proposals
- Pier review of instrumentation system designs
- Design of instrumentation systems based on international standards
- Generate and review design documentation (DWGs, BOMs, etc.)
- Perform uncertainty (error) analysis on components and systems
- Support production assembly and testing of instrumentation systems
- Perform site commissioning of instrumentation systems globally
- Calibration of instrumentation components, sub-systems and systems
- Troubleshoot complex instrumentation systems
- Support engine testing operations as well as research and test programs
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent certification
- Professional Engineering practitioner license (PEO or OIQ) an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Experience in generating design documents, drawings and bills-of-materials
- Experience in generating and executing product test procedures
- A working knowledge of system design, manufacturing and test methods
- Experience with hands-on electro-mechanical assembly, test, and verification
- Experience in product design for test, manufacturability, and reliability
- Experience using AutoCAD or other 2D/3D CAD tools
- Proven organizational, communications, technical documentation and computer skills (MS Word)
- Adaptability and ability to manage multiple projects
- Data acquisition systems (DAS)
- Analog and digital I/O
- AC & DC relays
- Temperature, pressure, strain, speed and flow measurement techniques
- Measurement uncertainty (error) calculations
- Sensors, transducers, resolvers, thermocouples, RVDTs, Etc.
- Low voltage AC & DC power distribution
- Communication protocols & interfaces (IP, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Etc.)
- Industrial electrical design
- Product development processes and procedures
- Product design & certification according to international standards (CSA, UL, TUV, CE, RoHS, WEEE, etc.)
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviours to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.