MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for an Instrumentation Engineer.
Reporting to the Manager of Instrumentation, the qualified individual will work in a cross-platform environment including electrical, mechanical, optical, fluidics and environmental disciplines. The successful candidate must be equally at ease working in a group or autonomously within a cross-functional organizational structure and would be responsible for all aspects of instrumentation evaluation, design, integration and commissioning. Some of the major areas of responsibility would be, but are not limited to:
- Specify new instrumentation requirements and perform product evaluations
- Support the development and submission of customer proposals
- Pier review of instrumentation system designs
- Design of instrumentation systems based on international standards
- Generate and review design documentation (DWGs, BOMs, Etc.)
- Perform uncertainty (error) analysis on components and systems
- Support production assembly and testing of instrumentation systems
- Perform site commissioning of instrumentation systems globally
- Calibration of instrumentation components, sub-systems and systems
- Troubleshoot complex instrumentation systems
- Support engine testing operations and research and test programs
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally for extended periods
- Experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- Audio & video communications
- Thrust measurement; bleed flow measurement
- Military engine communication protocols & interfaces: MIL-1553, ARINC, etc.
- Environmental monitoring: wind speed, wind direction, humidity, etc.
- Fiber optic communications components and principles
- High power VFDs, generators and motors
- Gas turbine engine control systems
- Engineering analysis tools (Matlab, CFD, FEA, Etc.)
- Proven organizational, communications, technical documentation and computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Adaptability and ability to manage multiple projects
- University degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering practitioner license (PEO. OIQ) an asset.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
- Data acquisition systems (DAS)
- Analog and digital I/O
- AC & DC relays
- Temperature, pressure, strain, speed and flow measurement techniques
- Measurement uncertainty (error) calculations
- Sensors, transducers, resolvers, thermocouples, RVDTs, Etc.
- Low voltage AC & DC power distribution
- Communication protocols & interfaces (IP, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, Etc.)
- Industrial electrical design
- Product development processes and procedures
- Product design & certification according to international standards (CSA, UL, TUV, CE, RoHS, WEEE, etc.)
At MDS our values drive our actions and behaviours to foster the most positive and productive environment for our Employees, Customers, and Partners. Candidates must demonstrate a proven ability to demonstrate the following MDS values: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.