MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for an Instrumentation Engineer for an initial 6 month contract.
- Design, supervise assembly, installation and commissioning of instrumentation and control systems.
- Work with analog and digital systems, including transducers/sensors and steady state/dynamic data acquisition equipment.
- Understand and apply signal conditioners, and EMI abatement techniques.
- Work independently at sites all over the world.
- Understand computers and communication protocol to perform functionality tests and implement modifications.
- Review and approve the work of other designers as a Professional Engineer.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of PLC ladder logic (Ideally Allen Bradley), HMI software (ideally Wonderware) and communication protocols such as RS232, RS422 , TCP/IP and Modbus;
- Proficient working knowledge of PC hardware and software including Windows, Word and Excel;
- AutoCAD is a must.
- University degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineering practitioner license (PEO. OIQ) an asset.
The candidate must have:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with instrumentation and/or control systems.
- Experience with the following:
- Strain gauge
- Frequency signals
- Analog voltage and current signals
- Discrete state I/O
- Experience in developing and tuning PID controllers.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.