Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer – Fluids
MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Process Engineer / Mechanical Engineer – Fluids.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Liquid and Gas Fuel Supply and Measurement
- Lubrication Oil Systems
- Hydraulic Power Systems
- Compressed Air (Air Start, Engine Bleed Air, Shop and Instrument Air Distribution)
- Water Systems (Demineralized, Cooling)
- Piping Design including ASME B31.3
Experience in installation supervision and on-site troubleshooting is considered an asset.
The successful candidate must have excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to travel internationally.
- Participate in facility planning, equipment layout, pipe routing and the detailed design of skid-mounted fluid systems; and,
- Be responsible for the development and management of designs from the conceptual stage through fabrication and installation, including;
- Detailed design and analysis
- The development of relevant documentation;
- Chairing design reviews;
- Managing and providing technical support to manufacturers;
- Overseeing designers in the production of detailed drawings; and,
- On Site commissioning and installation support.
PEO membership or eligibility for PEO membership is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience. Experience in the fields of gas turbine development, production and testing, designing for hazardous or explosive conditions, familiarity with industrial instrumentation and controls shall be considered important assets.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
This position is located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.