MDS Aero Support Corporation is an engineering-based organization whose primary focus is the supply of test facilities and test systems for aviation, industrial, and marine gas turbine engines. Certified to both ISO 9001 and 14001 standards, MDS has supplied turnkey engine test facilities, test support equipment, data acquisition systems, and engineering services to a variety of industries and organizations around the globe since 1985.
MDS Aero Support Corporation, a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for an Application Engineer.
- Ensuring that all client test requirements are met by defining the relevant parameters to be populated and measured by the data acquisition system.
- Configuring the data acquisition system, preparing reporting templates and creating engine performance calculation, auto test procedures and display pages to meet customer requirements
- Supporting the client’s operation of data acquisition systems during the commissioning phase.
Specific Departmental or Project Duties
- Prepare Engineering Specifications for data acquisition software components.
- Prepare engine configuration, throttle configuration, trim balance configuration and sensor calibration information.
- Run in-house acceptance test procedures.
- Participate in on-site installation and commissioning of the data acquisition system.
- Use gained knowledge of test cell environment to guide other departments in the interpretation of customer requirements, and the designs needed to meet those requirements.
- Support/troubleshoot hardware, software, network with end users
- Provide in-house, on-site and remote customer training, liaise with and support customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally for extended periods.
Education and Qualifications
- An Aerospace Engineering or Software Computer Engineering Degree.
- Experience with MS Excel, Windows OS, Redhat Linux, and working with LAN networks.
- Experience with computer languages –Visual Basic, C# or C++
- Experience with Oracle database and SQL language
- Experience working with gas turbine engines in a test cell environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Experience in working directly with customers is essential.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Please visit our web site www.mdsaero.com to view all open positions.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.